I hate this time of year so much that I feel like I am in a black cloudy haze. But I’m sure that’s normal for everyone. Right?
So I’m going to focus on some good things that happened today.
- I didn’t have to pay for parking downtown because the parking meter was frozen and I couldn’t put money in.
- I bought a loaf of warm, fresh multi-grain bread from Bread & Circuses for dinner.
- Neve came up to me and kissed me with her cheeks sucked in and her lips like a guppy.
- I got to see my coworker and friend (and loyal blog reader) Lisa’s gorgeous new baby.
- Dale bought me two Easter cream eggs and I still have one left. Plus I ate a whole family sized Cadbury fruit and nut chocolate bar today. And I made fudge and ate lots of it. That sounds bad – must not keep track of such things.
- I love my friends who email me. That definitely makes the happy list.
- There was still daylight at 5:30 p.m.
- Dale’s car got fixed in one day (we thought we’d have to pick it up tomorrow, thereby complicating transportation arrangements). Unfortunately the cost of the repairs didn’t make the happy list.
- Everyone (except Spencer) liked the supper I made and no one complained that I hated them by serving “poison” for supper.
- I didn’t have to leave the house tonight and I got to watch American Idol. There are crazy people in Birmingham. And I want long hair now.
- I saw a book in Chloe’s Scholastic book order called “Will you be my Valenswine?” I’m ordering it just because I think that’s the best title ever.
- We decided to go on a winter holiday next year for two whole weeks. I can’t handle another January with nothing to look forward to.
- January is officially over in 24 hours and 18 minutes.