Thursday, August 04, 2011

Pictures



My goal is to post a picture most days this month. I'm not sure how successful I'll be, but I'll try my best. These pictures are from Tuesday, when we spent the day at my parents' house. The kids brought friends and everyone had lots of good country fun: riding in the back of a pickup truck, climbing trees, riding the tillacter, and doing the zip line.



Mom made rollkuche (to go with watermelon) - mmmm.



The monster mask in the basement got a lot of use. It probably would have been used even more if it hadn't been 60 C inside that mask.





A few of the many, many plants my mom has.


And here's a picture from yesterday, when we went glow bowling with the cute neighbour kids. Ah, Chloe. That girl never loses hope. Never say never.


5 comments:

Daniel said...

LOL @ Chloe!! Well, he's not actually married yet, is he?
Looks like a great day in the country - WOO! I'll be there in a week! Remember when Janet used the mask to scare Greg? That wasn't the best idea... but funny!

Anonymous said...

What is rollkuche? And when are you making it?

I didn't see the Bieber at first so thought you were talking about Chloe's bowling score. :)

Looking forward to the pictures.
Sheri-Lee

Corinna said...

Sheri-Lee, you need some rollkuchen initiation. Sadly, not from me, as it's very wheaty. I just saw a recipe for it on fb, all I remember was 1 cup flour, 1 egg or something, and the best part, 1 1/2 cups whipping cream. Then deep fry. Then dip in syrup. Eat with watermelon to feel less guilty.
I just met your dad and saw your mom again at a wedding...your dad had a look that was exactly you Ellen, I loved it.
Chloe Bieber...nice. As long as she stays close enough to babysit. :)

Anonymous said...

Love that mask!!! That was Halloween for me many years! Jer P. had that same mask, fun stuff. Guess Mom forgot to invite us for rollkuche und rabooze... Jim

Anonymous said...

I wanna eat that thing i can't say or spell without looking! Deep fried whip cream??? What's not to love???

I really do read all your blogs though i haven't been commenting on them all. My schedule is so crazy now and time on the computer is spent dealing with yoga studio stuff. But i love your blog!! I love seeing pictures!! I was actually thinking today that i need to post my photos on my blog... When I actually get back to writing on it.

Anyway. I'm babbling. Miss you, Ellen!!

Sio.