Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 15



Happiness came to my house today in a white cardboard box.

My sister went to Minneapolis last weekend and brought me two sets of white dishes. I've been wanting plain white dishes for many years, but I couldn't justify it. My existing set of vibrant blue and purple dishes is apparently indestructible; in their 10+ years of service, not one dish has broken. It goes against all of my anti-stuff beliefs, but I finally got tired of wishing and waiting for breakage. I will donate the complete set to someone in need of blue and purple dishes, so it's not really a waste, right??

5 comments:

Daniel said...

My first thought on seeing the box of Ikea dishes was "What?!? It's open in Winnipeg already?!?!"

Anonymous said...

They look lovely! You really can't go wrong with a great set of white dishes. Think of how lovely your food photos are going to look on them.

xoD

Anonymous said...

I think you did it exactly right - in with the new, out with the old. And Ikea does not cost a lot of money so it is a GREAT way to spruce up the table! Love it!

Sio.

Anonymous said...

Let's hope your white ikea dishes last too!

Sheri-Lee

Corinna said...

I want those white dishes! Next year. :) I still have a few more to break...thankfully, that doesn't seem to be an issue around here.