Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day 18 - Friday Food #3



Oh man! I can't believe I missed a day. We got home after midnight and I was too tired to post, so now I have to extend my 30 days of posting until December 1st. So even though it's Saturday, we'll pretend it's Food Friday.

I ate nothing interesting all day, so I'll skip right to the awesome part. We had a Spanish tapas theme night at Rob & Gab's. I was looking forward to it for a long time and I was not disappointed. They always go all out when it comes to food (and drink) and it was amazing. Everyone brings something as well; I brought Bread with Mushrooms and Alioli, as found on The Google when I typed in "easy Spanish tapas recipe." I think the others googled "complicated impressive Spanish recipes with hard-to-find ingredients" because they were way out of my league. But it was all delicious, including the almond cake that even had a Spain-related story behind it.



PS: Our little Siobhan turned 40 yesterday. Welcome to the club. You know, the club where weight suddenly shows up in places it shouldn't, and wrinkles start appearing, and people start calling you M'am. But it's also the club where you can do whatever you want because you don't care what people think anymore. (or maybe that's just me?) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

4 comments:

Corinna said...

Yum! Oh food, always makes life a party.
And yes, happy birthday Sigh-Oh! So glad to virtually know you!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha!! Thanks Ellen!!! I had a great day - with yummy Malaysian food from Banana Leaf (which i am right now enjoying left overs of).

And yes, I do agree that at 40, I just don't care what others think!! It's so refreshing!

xo

Anonymous said...

that cake looks very interesting,and how come we were not invited?dad

Anonymous said...

I would like to hear the cake's Spain related story (and also be invited to these parties you go to). :)

Sheri-Lee