Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 20

I just realized I forgot to do my Dear Photograph feature yesterday. Things are just falling apart here. Since I've given up on changing the world on Wednesdays, I'll do the Dear Photograph tomorrow.

I wasn't sure what to write about today, so I'm going to copy Steve and talk about my children. Well, he also goes on to talk about other things too, but he starts with his kids.

It was report card week, and all three kids came home with glowing report cards. I told them to give them back to the kids they stole them from. Turns out they were theirs - this Tiger Mom thing is really paying off. Hmm, that sounds like I'm taking all the credit. Is that wrong? All kidding aside, they did awesome and I'm very proud of them. But there's always room for improvement. Hear me roar.

Chloe's volleyball team had their first playoff game today. Chloe played a great game. She has improved ten thousand fold (don't even know what that is, but it's a LOT) since the beginning of the season and played a great game today. She's a solid, consistent player and most importantly, she's really enjoying it. I loved playing team sports and am happy that she has the chance to do the same. If they win their next game on Thursday, they play on Friday and Saturday and then the season is over.

Tomorrow is WE Day, a big rally for youth that's supposed to inspire global change or something like that. Chloe is one of twenty (I think?) students chosen to go from her school and she's been counting down the hours. Al Gore, Hedley, Mia Farrow, Paul Martin, Rick Hansen, and some other big names will be speaking or performing, so it should be a good time.

Not sure what I can say about the other two... Neve's still having anxiety issues, but we are working on it. She's getting good at telling her teacher when she is anxious about something and thank goodness she has an awesome teacher who handles it perfectly. I bet Miss H. is rolling her eyes on the inside, and I'm hoping she's not waiting until our parent teacher meeting on Thursday to tell me she doesn't want to deal with my kid anymore. I'm going to take a page from Darla's book and bring her a hot Starbucks drink and maybe a new car, just to be safe.

Okay, I think I've filled my writing quota for today. Just like that.

5 comments:

Daniel said...

And you get a glowing report card for that variety of info too.

Way to go, Chloe! For both the volley-ball and being chosen for the young communists rally! (or whatever it's called)

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahah! I can't wait to hear about parent teacher interviews!!

Sio.

ps - congratulations on your terrific kids!

Sio

Anonymous said...

Oh Daniel...young communists...you make me laugh. And you make me laugh too Ellen.

Sheri-Lee

Corinna said...

I think you change the world just by being funny Ellen.

Anonymous said...

are we talking about our grandkids ? do we get some credit for their successes? way to go mom & kids ,we are proud of you all ! (and dad too)