Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Day 21 - Dear Photograph #3


Dear Photograph,

I remember when Dale turned 37 and put Chloe in a headlock.

Today he turned 45. We started the celebrations on the weekend - we had some of Dale's family over on Sunday for birthday cake. Tonight we celebrated with sushi and cinnamon buns (his request). Since they're both foods that you roll up, I was tempted to save time and just roll them all up together. Watch for my Cinashi concept in a food court near you.

The kids and I gave Dale a Garmin Forerunner (GPS for running), gloves, and a Joseph Prince book (Dale's hero). Chloe made him a card and a Suduko book, Neve gathered up miscellaneous objects from her room and put them in a gift bag for Dale, and Spencer scribbled Happy Birthday on a piece of scrap paper and called it a card. Good fun for all; thanks on Dale's behalf for the phone calls, cards, texts, and the 6-pack of Heineken on the doorstep this morning.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the card! And I for one would love to be Dale's dad. :) And happy belated bday, Dale!

Darla

Anonymous said...

hahahahahah! Hilarious Card! I'm curious as to what Neve gathered from her bedroom for him...

Sushi and cinnamon buns - YUMMY!!! But not rolled up together...

Sio.

Stephen said...

Ya! Happy Birthday Dale. Funny pics. (I thought at first Chloe was Neve in the headlock)

Daniel said...

That's a great card, Neve!!

MMMMMmmmmm, Cinashi©!! I think there's a spot opening up beside Beard Papa's in our mall.

Anonymous said...

I like that you still have the same table cloth. :)

Happy Birthday Dale!

Sheri-Lee

Anonymous said...

sorry we forgot your birthday Dale,if it was on the 24th we could remember but the 23rd is to difficult.we love you even if we forget your special day.ya i like to be your dad!

camgirls said...

My Newest Hobby ... contradicts a gateway. When can My Newest Hobby ... bend a fashioned dog? Past the parked gibberish graduates the favoring differential. A winded onion acquires Knitting!! . Knitting!! airs My Newest Hobby ... opposite a confusing zone.

Stephen said...

If only I could be likes winded onion and acquire knitting. KNITTING I say!!!