Thursday, November 03, 2011

Day 3 - Thursday threads

Let me be clear: I would never show anyone the inside of my oven, never mind the whole World Wide Web. You would think for an appliance that gets such little use, it would be immaculate. Not so. Hmm, maybe I’ll add that to the kids’ chore charts unless they give me ten mini Kit-Kats each. I’m not great at a lot of things, but I am very fantastic at thinking of ways to use Halloween candy to my advantage.

Instead of disturbing oven pics, I will take a suggestion I got from Teresa and show you what I wore today. Oh man, this sounds seedy. But there are bloggers out there who take pictures of their outfits and post them every single day. Click here to see one girl who likes to stand awkwardly in the middle of the street and gaze upward as she shows off her clothes. Her clothes are unique and fun; mine not so much. I initially laughed at the idea because I’m the very opposite of a fashionista, but after yesterday, you will agree I need all the help I can to fill up thirty days of blogging. So I’m making this my Thursday feature for two reasons: I just got Teresa’s suggestion today and it happens to be Thursday; and secondly, since I go into the office on Thursdays, I put more effort into my looks than the other six days combined. I normally put zero effort into my appearance, so 0 x 6 is still zero, but we won’t dwell on that.

I was already dressed when I got Teresa’s email this morning, so if I knew my outfit would be scrutinized, I would have chosen something else.



My Thursday outfits usually revolve around the shoes I want to wear. I always wear heels, but some heels are more comfortable than others. I rarely stray from black, but I decided to be all crazy today and wear my brown boots. So, out came the brown pants from the back of the closet and the old brown corduroy jacket to (sort of) match. I threw on a white top, a bit of jewellery and topped it off with my brown coat. With my brown laptop bag, I looked like a big lump of melting chocolate walking down the street.



Lazy Man’s NaNoWriMo update: Daniel and Stephen have joined the challenge, so go see what they have to say.

3 comments:

Daniel said...

Sweet!! I love how Neve is begging you to stay home! Or to let her come to work with you.

Nice scarf!

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! And even more hilarious is that other woman's blog. For reals??? And she has like, and enormous amount of followers and ads and stuff. Hilarious!

I liked your comment 0 x 6 is still zero. That made me laugh. as did the rest of your post. as always.

sio.

Anonymous said...

Awesome. I do love the fashionista blogs. Tomorrow, perhaps you can photo and post every single thing you eat. Sad to admit, but I read a fair amount of blogs devoted to just that. :)

xoD