Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Photo of the Day #11



I've been in a nesting mode the past few days. I'm still working on getting Chloe's room all re-done, which has been an ongoing project since November 2010. I'm not even joking. This week I put up her chalkboard poster (in the photo), bought and put up a bulletin board, bought new curtains for around her bed and put them up, except the hook in the ceiling fell out and now I have to buy better hooks. I also bought storage baskets, knobs for her closet doors, an extension cord, and pillow covers to freshen up some old pillows.

While I was trying to figure out what to do for a night stand for her, I decided to give her the lone night stand in my bedroom, and I bought matching ones for me and Dale off Kijiji. Furniture is low on my priority list, so we've never had any matching bedroom furniture whatsoever. I almost feel like a grown-up now. Luckily we are still using a few wooden crates as a TV stand, so that brings me down a few decades. Dale has his mind set on a small(ish) flat screen; TVs rank even lower than furniture on my list, but I would actually be quite happy to have an additional 50 square feet of floor space with that monster of a TV gone. Our bedroom has been the most neglected room in the house ... well maybe that award goes to the basement bathroom. But now I'm getting all motivated to pretty up our room. If I ever finish Chloe's room, I'm on it.

2 comments:

Rose said...

Our bedroom also remains the one room in this house that needs the most help... in the renovating sense and the cleaning department.

Anonymous said...

Oooo...I can't wait for your before and after pictures (both your room and Chloe's).

Sheri-Lee