Thursday, April 12, 2012

Photo of the Day #12



A bag of pennies for the penny drive at Neve's school. Not a particularly moving shot, but I've been playing around with different settings and even used my tripod for this (the lighting was poor), so I already declare this month a success. But I will plow on. Just like the Titanic did despite the iceberg warnings. Exactly one hundred years ago at this time, it was happily crossing the Atlantic Ocean. That has nothing to do with the pennies; just a little conversation starter for you. I'm fascinated with the Titanic, so you will probably hear more about it in the upcoming days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a fun shot considering you were playing around with settings and stuff!

Hurry up with the redecorating photos though!! I love those!!!

Sio.

Anonymous said...

P.s. - I am also incredibly fascinated by Titanic. I just finished reading a bunch of stuff on Wikipedia. It is probably the one story from history that causes new feelings of sadness every time I read up on it. Like tonight I read that the most common belief is that Captain Smith was last seen on the bridge 2 minutes before she sank and went down with the ship from there. Picture that. It's heart wrenching.

Sio.

Anonymous said...

I like that "the band played on" is from the Titantic.

Sheri-Lee