Monday, April 02, 2012

Photo of the Day #2



Here's Neve on our daily walk home from school. Walking her to and from school (and often home for lunch as well) is a highlight of my day. It's the perfect little break after staring at a computer screen.

The point of my picture today is not to showcase my great photography technique and skill (as opposed to other days - ha!), but to show the contrast from exactly one month ago. When my brother Dan was here for Jim's birthday surprise, he came with me to get Neve and snapped the picture below, taken at almost the exact spot as the one above.



Today was a much cooler day than some of the days we've had; I should have taken this picture a couple of weeks ago when Neve was skipping to school in bare legs and flip flops. But the buds are out now, so that's good too.

I've been considering the idea of weekly photo themes for this month, but haven't quite figured it out yet. So far, the theme appears to be Neve.

Tonight Dale showed me this news article from Minneapolis. I guess Neve was right in questioning our safety.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha! Ah, Winnipeg! And to think we thought about moving back there! NOPE!!!

Sio.

Love both of these photos none the less by the way!

sio

L said...

what?!?! You were thinking of moving back, sio?? I'll have to keep that in mind and show only sunny, vibrant, dynamic photos of people laughing and drinking wine. I've got my theme now.

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahahahah!!! You made me laugh out loud! You are amazing, Ellen! I do miss you!

Sio.

Rose said...

It has been a rather unusual Spring so far, I would say.

Daniel said...

Oooooohh, with that theme, you might just experience an over-crowding situation at your house! (well, just where do you expect we're going to crash, at least for the first few months?!?!)

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute...first few months?? Dan...what does this mean??

Mental note...never go to Minneapolis...ever.

Sheri-Lee