Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Crafty


Remember the flower pots the kids were painting in the last post?  Here they are, all finished and labelled.  I'm not a very crafty person, but I saw these on Pinterest (I think) and thought I could probably pull them off.  I taped off the area where I painted the blackness, but I did a rather clumsy job of it.  My OCD painter brother will cringe when he sees them and will probably redo them.  I could have used chalkboard paint, but I didn't have any so I used some black paint I had.  The kids each labelled the pot they painted with a white paint pen.  Neither Chloe nor Neve forsaw the dip-down letters (y and g) coming. You can't actually tell who did which pot.  Not sure if that's a compliment for Neve or an insult for Chloe.

I just hope I remember to actually use the herbs.  I hate when I buy a big bunch of cilantro and forget about it until it turns slimy.  I was so pleased with these cheery little pots on my deck that I took another picture from a different angle.


And then I turned them all straight and took another one.  I have a lot of pictures of these pots.  Oh well, insurance companies always say you should take pictures of your valuables for insurance purposes, so I'm just being prudent.


And yes, this is a whole post about four painted pots.  You're lucky I'm not talented at making things or I'd bore you all to death.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's your rosemary and dill? If you make two more pots you could still impress that OCD painting brother of yours. :)

Sheri-Lee

Anonymous said...

If you had an iphone, you could send a photo to your OCD brother instantaneously and he could help you out.

Just sayin'.

Sio.

Daniel said...

Looks good to me! Though a few more photo angles might help.

Anonymous said...

Those look awesome! Love them!

Stephen said...

I think the (very nice) bright colors will attract birds...

Anonymous said...

I could have borrowed you some 3M Fine Line tape.
Oh well, they have character! Very nice. Jim

joan said...

Oh Jimmy, you are too funny!! I just love those cheerful little pots!!