Saturday, June 16, 2012

Run, Family, Run!


Marathon day is only a few hours away.  Dale, Spencer, Neve and my niece Tia are running the Super Run and Chloe and I are running the half. We’re all pretty excited.  The kids are sleeping; a lovely evening of swimming at Mike and Darla's knocked them right out.  Usually I’m nervous before a marathon event, but this time I’m just excited.  At least I thought I was until I dreamed all kinds of crazy things last night.  In my dream, I decided at the last minute that instead of running the pre-determined marathon route, I’d just run up and down side streets until my Garmin (running GPS) told me I’d run 13.1 miles.  But then I accidentally turned my Garmin off during the run and I had no idea how far I’d run and the whole run was ruined.  I was so mad at myself for not sticking to the marathon route.  So I guess there must be a little anxiety involved if I’m dreaming crazy dreams.

Chloe’s holding up well; she’s anxious but she’s not focusing on it too much.  She’s been a trouper throughout the training – there’s been hardly any complaining about early morning runs, she’s had a great attitude, and she’s done better than I ever imagined she would (at her age).  I can’t wait to experience race day with her.  If you are looking for a special way to celebrate Father’s Day, come out and cheer us on.  We both have pink running tank tops (Chloe’s is a bit more purply), I’ll be wearing black shorts and a black knee support (mostly for psychological purposes), and possibly a white hat.  The run starts at 7:00 a.m. and I’m hoping we’ll be running ten to eleven minute miles.  I hate making a prediction because you never know how things will turn out, but I can’t help it.  If you want to know exactly where we are, you can sign up for live updates on Facebook http://apps.facebook.com/sportstatsalerts/?fb_source=search&ref=ts.  You can search by name or bib number (mine is #7863).  

Good luck to everyone else running; I know there are quite a few of you, so hopefully we’ll run into some of you there.  Not literally.  I’ll post pics and an update tomorrow! 

1 comment:

Daniel said...

WOO!! Way to go! I see that you've finished the run!