Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Home


I know I need to do a trip update; I promise it’s coming one of these days when I catch my breath.  We arrived home on Sunday at 8:30 p.m., squeezing every last hour we could out of our vacation.  We debated stopping for night at Holiday Inn South, but had to draw the line somewhere.  Twelve hours after we got home, the van was unpacked, I had a good start on the laundry, Dale was at work, the kids were at daycamp, and I was on my way to work.  It was a bit of a shock to the system being jolted back into routine, but it’s all good.  It’s not the way I would have planned it, but it’s actually been great having the kids at day camp (Neve & Spencer are campers and Chloe and her cousin Sarah, who’s staying with us this week, are helping as “crew leaders”).  They’re loving camp and it’s given me a chance to catch up on work, finish the laundry, and best of all, with just me at home, the house doesn’t get any messier.  When the kids come home at the end of the day, they’re nice and tired and just collapse in front of the TV.  We’re “helping” Mike and Darla by looking after their pool this week, so after dinner we go swimming to further tire them out.  It’s been rough.


Anyway, I’ve been going through the trip pictures and promise I will post some soon.  We’ve got some family events coming up, so I’m not sure when that will be but I’ll do what I can!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home!

I love this picture.
Sheri-Lee

Anonymous said...

blog faster!! leave the laundry!!!

Sio.