Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Fall Update


I'm getting behind on here - it's either good or bad that I didn't take up the 31 Day Challenge, depending on how you look at it.  Just so I can unload a few things from my scattered head, I'll post them here.

First off are some pictures from last Sunday - not the Sunday we just had, but the one before that.  It was a beautiful fall day with the leaves about at their peak.  We drove north and had a picnic at Grand Beach, and then went a little further and played on the sand cliffs near Victoria Beach.  It was one of those good days where everyone was happy and it was just as magical as I'd hoped it would be.  It's a good thing we went when we did; crazy strong winds blew almost every single leaf off the trees a day or two later.







This Sunday, we went to the corn maze with my sister and her family.  It was a great evening for it and we all had a lot of fun.


This guy was wandering around the corn and tried to scare us.  Then he juggled a chain saw.



Spencer wasn't on the picture because he was too busy running around the corn field.  He found all seven "stations" where you can get a game card punched.  We've never, ever found all the stations before, so he was pretty excited even though it meant he had to run around the corn field alone the whole time while the rest of us kept an easier, funner pace.  But he got a free freezie for his accomplishment, so it was all good. 

Everyone came to our house after and we ate and played cards and stayed up late.  There's nothing better than the Sunday night of a long weekend. 

We had a turkey dinner with Dale's family on Friday night - his brother was out from Miami, which was really nice.  My family got together Monday, which was also my dad's 75th birthday.  He makes 75 look very good.  We had a loud, crazy family get-together; thankfully it was less crazy than the family gathering my neighbour had because the city's 24th homicide of the year ended up happening at her house down the block.  I know the family and they're very nice; the whole thing is very sad and tragic.

The last couple of weeks have been very busy at work; this week things are much more manageable and I'm feeling less stressed and lighter.  It should be a good week, especially since it's almost half over.

My dad made upgrades to the zipline so it's now a longer ride.

Happy Birthday, Dad!!






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this post - as always!! Fabulous photos.

My mom told me about the party on Lindsay. I immediately thought of you when she did - it's weird that you are actually connected, that is rarely the case to actually "know" someone. Very sad, and I am sorry to hear about it.

Sio.

Daniel said...

Great photos, L! The trees are gorgeous up at the beaches! Quite a weather contrast between the two Sunday outings.

Mom & Dad loved the "Family Weekends" book - they went on and on about it when I talked to them Monday evening - nicely done!

Sorry to hear about the murder in the 'hood. That's pretty disturbing.

joan said...

Amazing pictures as usual El! Great memories made!

Anonymous said...

This post makes me love Dale. I love his walk on the beach with Spencer and the fun on his face running down the dunes. Way to go, Dale. You rock.

How did Neve do with the chain saw dude? Bizarro.

Ack...I'm late to pick up my kids from school.
Sheri-Lee
P.S. I had not heard about the craziness on your street. Peace to you.