Monday, December 31, 2012

Happiness is ...


Happiness is...
  • not having to set my alarm for 12 days in a row
  • not having to rush around to kids' activities
  • not having to cook because everyone munches on caramel popcorn and Ferrero Rochers all day instead of eating healthy meals
  • not exercising for two weeks - and I mean NO exercise, unless you count walking between the living room and dining room to get another Ferrero Rocher
  • no laundry to do because everyone wears their pyjamas all day
  • finishing a 1000 piece puzzle
  • getting together with friends and family



At my parents' house.  My dad built this Stonehenge-like snow fort for the kids (and/or for himself).  In the background, you can see Bella going down the zipline.  If it's not scary enough in summer, icy steps to climb and frozen brakes add a little extra excitement.



Because I know some of you like it when I'm negative, here's part two:

Unhappiness is ...
  • still feeling full when you wake up in the morning (but eating anyway)
  • the weird, disturbing dreams you get when you've been sleeping too long and just can't summon the energy to get out of bed
  • the thought of going back to our regular routine
  • Spencer's glazed eyes after spending hours playing Minecraft on our new computer
  • trying to get all our programs working on the new computer.  We're loving the new Mac, just have a lot to learn.
I've run out of time for now ... Happy New Year's Eve!

6 comments:

Mrs White said...

Happy New Year
Love your Happiness is....I can relate.
1 more day for me then back to reality.

Mrs White
Http://bringingfurmanhome.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, L!

I think you're dad is awesome.

Sheri-Lee
P.S. I'm still in my pyjamas. :)

Daniel said...

Those lists are SO accurate!! I could really use a nice big salad right about now!!!
Happy New Year (or as Jordan put it, Happy New York)!

Anonymous said...

Hahahah!! I like that I made it in to the blog, however subtle!

And yes, I agree with both those lists 100%. As much as I love teaching yoga, I am dreading getting up to an alarm tomorrow morning. I made myself get up the first time I woke (and even then it was 8:30, so not exactly early) in hopes that I would be tired before midnight tonight.

Happy New Year, Ellen!!

xo

Sio.

Martha said...

I love that your dad makes all that stuff for the grandkids (or himself!) Treasure those memories!
Happy New Year Ellen - love reading your blog, and the many chuckles that I get from it!!

L said...

Thanks everyone! Thanks for reading and commenting!