Sunday, February 03, 2013

Aint nobody got time for that


This is a house I drive by on my way home from work.  I’ve spent considerable time analyzing it, since traffic is often slow right there.  Many questions come to mind, not the least of which is why anyone would choose this paint colour.  Did it look different on the paint chip than it did in real?  I get that.  Maybe it was on sale in the “oh man, that’s the wrong colour” section.  Then again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and maybe the colour is exactly what they wanted.  That brings us to the next set of questions.  Did the paint run out?  Was no one physically or financially able to go get more?  Did they not have a ladder to do the part over the entrance?  Couldn’t they climb out the window and stand on the entrance roof?  I'm not going to lie - I’ve spent way too much time thinking about this, but the house has been like this for a long time. 


Like most situations these days, Sweet Brown came to mind:

 

I’m never at the cutting edge of viral videos and memes (still don’t even know what that is), so I’m sure everyone’s seen this by now.  I saw it last week and everyone in the house has been singing the tune and saying “Aint nobody got time for that” ever since.  It never gets old and it applies to almost everything.

In other news, I started doing yoga this week.  When Siobhan was here in December, she did a private class for a few of us and I loved it.  So when a Groupon came up for a yoga deal, I made like a cheap Winnipegger and grabbed it.  The deal is two months of unlimited yoga for $60.  The “unlimited” applies only to one specific type of class (barre), so I don’t know that it’s the most awesome deal ever especially when the yoga place has a permanent $40 introductory month deal that applies to every type of classes.  None of you are probably that interested in these minute details, but my point is that I started yoga. 

I’ve only been to three classes so far, but it’s not exactly as I imagined it.  There are too many planks, squats, and arm curls and not enough lying there and focusing your mind.  In fact it’s almost exactly like the Jillian Michaels DVD I do in my basement for free, except longer.  But being the frugal person I am, I will still take full advantage of my Groupon and will have rock hard abs by the end of it (if $60 could really get me that, it would be money well spent).  I’ve worn the exact same clothes all three times.  I wonder if anyone has noticed.
 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, boo to only one type of yoga class!!! That's no fun! I am SO glad to know that I helped spark a wee flame though. I have lots of exciting things going on that I will tell you about soon. I'm afraid I'll jinx things if I start talking too soon!

I also have not seen that video but one of my students was just talking about it on Friday!

And I would also be extremely obsessed with that purple house!!

I am really excited!!! Lots of exclamation marks!!

sio.

xo

Anonymous said...

Our kids were doing the same thing with the "ain't nobody" lady..too funny. And oddly enough I was talking with the art teacher about memes this week and now you bring it up...weird! Hilarious blog as always!
-Cousin Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Oh man...I am out of the loop.

1. I'm a tool for missing yoga with Sio

2. I've never seen Sweet Brown (thanks for that btw...it's stuck in my head...ain't no body got time for that).

3. I wear the exact same clothes to yoga every time too

4. I can't even tell that's a purple house...I swear it's pink (and it's in my neighbourhood...and I think the same thing Ellen...what the what).

Sheri-Lee

Anonymous said...

Maybe they are painting it white?!?! Jim

Daniel said...

Hah!! Good thinking Jim - things are not always what they appear.