Sunday, August 25, 2013

Beach Day


I have no idea how this happened, but until today I hadn't had one full beach day all summer.  I've been to the Quarry twice, but both times were cut short by rain.  Today was a hot, sunny, perfect beach day, so we packed up and went to Grand Beach with Jim and Sabrina and the girls.  The kids had a lot of fun playing with their cousins.





After the beach, we went to the sand cliffs near Victoria Beach.  I always take lots of pictures, but they don't do it justice.  My photography skills don't reflect the scale or the beauty of the area.






The kids love running down the steep hill, which is probably doing nothing to preserve the natural dunes.  Spencer especially loves it and never wants to leave.  So that was our day ... one of my favourite days this summer.  The weather is looking promising this week, so I'm hoping to get in a couple more beach days this week.




6 comments:

joan said...

What a wonderful day you all must have had! Your pictures are amazing as usual!!

Anonymous said...

It WAS an awesome day! Not sure why it's been so long since we last went there.......oh ya, little babies in the hot sun ain't much fun! Jim

Anonymous said...

I need to get to the Quarry...haven't yet this summer.

Sheri-Lee

Daniel said...

Fun times and great pics!!

Hmmm, I'm wondering if your photoshop skills were used in Jim's 'hole digging' pic on Facebook...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like lots of Fun, Ellen!

And I laughed out loud at all the Neve stuff in the previous posts!!

Sweet Yumi, indeed. From someone who knows about missing Kornelsens - I can tell you she will miss you guys a lot.

xo

Sio

Anonymous said...

I just read through some of your recents posts... should have been cutting corn to freeze instead... but it was totally WORTH IT! I'm sure Yumi had a great time with you, too :) Janelle H