Saturday, October 12, 2013

Day 12

Neve very much enjoying her 15 minutes of fame

Another day of entertaining guests has come to an end.  They are very easy guests and seem to enjoy everything immensely.  It was cold and windy today, so we spent most of the time inside.  We took three separate trips downtown - to the Legislative Building in the morning, to The Forks after lunch, and to the restaurant on the Esplanade Bridge for dinner.  Dale's mom joined us and it was a good evening.  It was the first time I'd been there since it was Salisbury House and I really liked it.  The least favourite part was walking back to our car after ... it was so cold but the view of downtown made it worth it.




Chloe has fallen in love with her fake baby. It woke up once during the night and wanted to be fed for 30 minutes, then again around 7:30 a.m.  I heard it cry at 7:30 and I was flooded with relief that I didn't have to get out of bed.  It doesn't bode well for my grandparenting skills; I better work on that.  The baby came with us everywhere we went.  The car seat was heavy and awkward (welcome to the real world) so she borrowed a baby sling from Corinna.  That worked a lot better.  She got a lot of looks and a few comments at The Forks.  We were in the elevator with four men when the baby started to cry.  I quickly told them it was for a school project.  I'm not sure why I felt such a strong need to tell them; I guess I didn't want them to think I had a promiscuous daughter.  I suppose I should also work on skills to support my daughter rather than caring what total strangers think.

I better not show this to Chloe or she'll be using it as her Christmas card
(on her cheek are tattoos from the football game last night)

3 comments:

Daniel said...

If you ask me, Chloe is looking a bit tired. I guess that's to be expected.

Anonymous said...

How was Chez Sophie Sur le Pont? I've been wanting to go.

Sheri-Lee

Anonymous said...

if you ask ME - Chloe looks delighted!!!

xo
Sio