Sunday, October 13, 2013

Day 13 - Thankfulness

 
I'm thankful for our Japanese visitors.  We were all sad to see them go this morning.  They were so good to us and the kids and we miss them already.  They're off to New York for a couple of weeks before heading back to Japan. We feel so honoured that they made a special trip here to visit us and we'll never forget it. We've always wanted to go back to Japan to visit and now we're more determined than ever.   






I'm thankful for the joy that Chloe's baby has brought.  The Japanese ladies loved that doll and asked how much it cost.  When Chloe said $850, they thought that was quite a bargain.  I wouldn't be surprised if they buy one. Baby Scout (that's what Chloe named her) was a hit at my parents' house today too.  Bella and Lexie were pretty intrigued by her. But last night didn't go too well; Scout cried several times and wasn't calmed down by a diaper change or feeding.  Chloe looked pretty ragged this morning but she says it's worth it because she loves that baby.




I'm thankful that no one fell while climbing this today.  Especially my sister's exchange student.

 
 
And of course I'm thankful for my family, friends, faith, health, and home.  I'm thankful for my blog readers, especially my faithful commenters!  And I'm thankful that tomorrow is a holiday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am commenter #1 today! so great you could connect with these people after so many years! Keep up the blog challenge-I check every day! Happy Thanksgiving!
-Cousin Carolyn

Anonymous said...

I so wish I could have hung out with you and Baby Scout. I think that doll is such a great idea, but I also think a weekend isn;t long enough to deter kids from having babies!! They should have them for a month.

I am so glad you had such a great visit with the Japanese ladies. I think that is such an awesome story that she kept in touch with you and wanted to come visit.

I am thankful for YOU and your blog, Ellen!! Mostly for you, but your writing does keep me ever entertained.

xo

Sio

Anonymous said...

Ellen, please don't say that is the zip line your dad made? I might be changing my mind about wanting to come to your parents for a visit! So glad you had such a great time with your visitors. I still don't know why though, you could not have driven up to New York to meet them! Happy Thanksgiving.

xoDarla

Daniel said...

Oh Darla, we only wish we had a zip-line from the top of that! We used to dream about it, back when there still was a pond out back.

I can only imagine what Jordan was like with baby Scout!!

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for you Ellen. Really.

I'm also thankful for things you write like "I'm thankful for the joy that Chloe's baby has brought."
hahahahhahahahha

Sheri-Lee