Thursday, October 17, 2013

Day 17



Is it really only Day 17?  It feels like Day 117.

Today was one of those days that turned out better than expected.  Chloe was supposed to cheer at a football game at the stadium tonight, and between working late, Drivers Ed, and Spencer’s acting class, it took a lot of time and effort to work out a plan to get everyone where they needed to be.  But all the stress of coordinating this was worth it because of the relief we felt when we found out it was cancelled.

Some other good things about today:
  • It was a busy day at work, but I finished everything I needed to so I shouldn’t have to work all weekend.
  • Delicious corn chowder for lunch with a co-worker at the Free Press Cafe
  • Eating a peanut butter Oh Henry even though I was still full from lunch.  Those things should be illegal, they're so good.
  • Hanging out at the Forks for an hour during Spencer’s acting class. 
  • Neve’s excitement at the book I bought at the Forks: “The Day the Crayons Quit”
  • The kids did most of the chores on their to-do list with barely any nagging

So it was a good day and I have high hopes for the weekend.  It’s a good mix of social and anti-social (or “down time” as my family prefers to call it).  We’re having people for dinner tomorrow (mmm, my favourite) but I feel like things are under control.  The icing on the cake is that I have a massage appointment tomorrow morning.  Not to brag about my amazing life or anything. But you know I don't hesitate to complain when it's not so perfect.  I'm guessing that's more interesting to read than cheerful, positive bullet points about how it's so awesome being me.  I'll try harder tomorrow.

3 comments:

Daniel said...

LOL @ "mmm, my favourite"!

Ahhh, I've finally started going for massage, and will be blowing through my benefits in no time!

Anonymous said...

I love the relief of cancellations in the schedule. Ahhhhh...

Sheri-Lee

Anonymous said...

I love when you whine!! Keep it up!! Less positive, more negative!!

xo

Sio