Monday, October 07, 2013

Day 7

It’s Day Seven and the blogging novelty is wearing off. I think we’re all getting a little tired of the words “worth it.” Or maybe it’s just me (go ahead and leave me me heartfelt words of encouragement and reassurance in the comments section now). I’m always surprised at how long it takes me to write a post. I think to myself, “I’ve got ten minutes before I have to pick Neve up so I’ll quickly start and finish a blog post.” And then suddenly it’s an hour later and Neve has been forgotten and abandoned. She is eight already so she needs to learn some independence anyway.

We are having company from Japan this weekend (I’ll elaborate on that in another post) so I have a long list of things to do before then. We don’t host adults overnight very often, so at first I panicked and put things on my list like buy a new house, take a fancy cooking course, and learn fluent Japanese. Then I realized that was probably too much to accomplish in two weeks, so I changed the list to: buy new dishes, buy a new toilet for the upstairs bathroom, and train the children to be polite and engaging. Still unrealistic … my current list includes: wash floors and windows, fix the draining problem in the upstairs tub, and plan meals. That’s still reaching for the stars, but at least I might end up on the moon or whatever that saying is. I like the moon better anyway.

I better get going on that list, but here a couple of links I’ve enjoyed recently (slight language warning, but it’s worth it just to see #13 on the first link. For some reason I laugh every time I look at that picture).

Awkward situations

Anyone who eats lunch at their desk will like this

(Did you notice how I snuck in the Worth It? Although pointing it out takes away any cleverness that may or may not have existed in the first place).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! I like your lofty goals, Ellen!!

And teh penguin was my favourite.

And it DOES take forever to write a blog post!!! I ALWAYS think it will take less time than it does.

xo
sio

Anonymous said...

I make SMART goals (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Timely). Here are some examples:

- I will never start blogging...ever.
- I will clean my shower only when it is so gross that I can't bear to look at it any more i.e. no more than quarterly.
- I will clean my fridge once the black mould in the 'high humidity drawer' is mentioned by my husband in a comment like, "Did you notice the mould in the fridge, when are you going to clean the fridge?"

Sheri-Lee