Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Day 22

 
I took this picture on our last Grand Forks trip - exactly one year ago yesterday


I woke up to snow today.  And the six month mark since Teresa left this earth for a place where it probably never snows unless you want it to. 

I know it’s a cliché, but the world really did feel brighter with Teresa in it. She always had something going on, something funny to say, a new idea, new recipe, or new restaurant she wanted to try.  She made life exciting and it doesn’t feel the same without her. 

I am fortunate to have other good friends and I’m more thankful than ever for them, but a cousin/friend that’s been a constant part of your life from the beginning can’t be replaced.  I can’t let go of her yet. I very much believe I will see her again in heaven, but I’d really like to be seeing her on earth as well.  We have a lot of things we need to talk about – six months worth, to be exact. 

If you have a minute, please say a prayer or send good thoughts to Teresa’s husband, kids, mother, and family today.  Everyone says that time helps, so hopefully the next six months are better than the last six.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Ellen. It is so hard to be missing someone who won't come back. I don't think it gets easier - how could it? I think we just find better ways to deal with the pain. I can't even imagine what you are feeling as I have not experienced it.

Prayers for all of you.

Love Sio.

Daniel said...

Oh Ellen, my heart aches for you, and the friendship you've lost. I'll send a prayer for you, and her family.
Love Dan

Anonymous said...

Huge hugs! Can't even imagine ....

xoDarla

Patricia said...

Beautiful pic of Teresa! We all miss that brilliant smile. :(
Thank-you for the prayers on behalf of the Family.
-Pat

Anonymous said...

We have her picture up on our fridge and think about her and the family every day. Sorry Ellen. Love, Jim

Anonymous said...

We have her picture up on our fridge and think about her and the family every day. Sorry Ellen. Love, Jim