Monday, September 15, 2014

Lists

 
I have rediscovered the joy of lists. I do that every once in a while and always feel like I've come up with some magical concept that no one else has ever thought of. So it was a pretty productive weekend. The list above is Sunday's list; Friday's and Saturday's were pretty successful too.
 
Until this weekend, we hadn't done one thing on our summer yard work list. By the end of the weekend, we turned this:
 

into this:


We now refer to our garage as the carriage house. Okay for real, it now looks like this:

 
It looks pretty sad compared to the carriage house, but it's the best we could do. The green had to go; I have no idea why I ever chose that colour in the first place. Beige isn't much better but at least it matches the house. Sometimes two wrongs make a right. Anyway, we did this in very short order. I painted as fast as I could so I could impress Dale with my progress when he came back from picking Neve up from a birthday party. It worked. So speed was more important that precision craftsmanship. With some quick photo-shopping, it looks a bit better:
 

That's the picture we'll use if we ever sell our house. Well, I might do a little more photoshopping first, starting with the leaning fence. I'm hoping there will be a bigger, newer garage that we will have enjoyed for many years before the time comes to sell the house.

Here's another project I did recently.


I know! Soon this blog will be mistaken for a crafting blog. You paint a frame you find in the garbage, clip some pictures to some twine and you're done. I make it sound easy, but this project was about a month in the making. I lack focus. My dining room wall is proof of that. I'll have to add that to my list one of these days.

Here's something that was not so successful today:


Chloe was supposed to bring guacamole to a potluck tonight. The avocados did not cooperate. But she also made nan bread from scratch, which was delicious.

And here's another success - the boy getting some fresh air on a lovely Sunday evening:



 
Hope your weekend has had more successes than failures. I'm off to return some library books.
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The carriage house made me laugh! And so did the photoshopping of the leaning fence. :) Great productive weekend. Now I'm going to make a list and put get up, have breakfast and make bed so I can aleady have three check marks!

D.

Daniel said...

Love the carriage house! You do good work! Even if it only turns out to be photoshopping.