Thursday, October 16, 2014

Chloe wrote a blog post


 

My mother has been asking me to write blog posts about my trips this summer ever since I got back. So here it goes. Trip number 1.

In the beginning of July, I went on a missions trip with my youth group. We went to Jacksonville, Florida. It was a three day drive, and so much fun. The days were filled with eating a lot of candy and loud music. Only a few wrong turns were made. One included 2 of the vans getting lost in the mall of America parking lot for about half an hour.

We finally reached our destination at about 11 pm. We unpacked the vehicles and after a quick tour of the YWAM base we were staying at, we walked about a block to the beach. Being the crazy people we are, we decided it was time for a midnight swim in the ocean. Only a few cell phones were water damaged.

The next 5 days were filled with doing work projects around the base, talking to random people around Jacksonville, team building activities, many trips to Walgreens for food and souvenirs and endless trips to the beach. Many of us would wake up around 6 in the morning to go to the beach and either swim or just watch the sunrise. In the evenings we would sometimes have a worship time on the beach, or just hang out at the base and talk to people and bond! Sleep apparently wasn't important on the trip, as we got nowhere near how much we should have. But sleep deprived teenagers can be fun. On our last full day, we rented surfboards and one of the staff taught us how to surf. It was so much fun, and the next morning a few of us went down to the beach to try again.



Leaving was hard, but was made a bit easier when one of the staff decided to have an impromptu road trip. She was going to go down to Tennessee in about a week, but decided to go with us instead! And then leaving was made harder when half the people started getting sick. I'm not sure why, but almost everyone started feeling sick and there was puke and it was not pretty. This caused us to rethink our plans to go to Six Flags, which was kind of upsetting. I hate rides and I was sick, so I didn't mind, but some other people were really looking forward to it. We eventually all made it back to the church.
Photo credit goes to Brynden, my youth leader. All the pictures I took seem to have vanished from the computer (or may have been deleted from my camera before I saved them to the computer). Not sure what happened. :(

2 comments:

Daniel said...

Awww, I'm sorry you lost your photos - very disappointing. Great to hear about trip #1! Sounds like a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! That was quite the trip!!! Great blog - You have your mama's sense of humour when it comes to writing, Chloe! Keep that up!!

xo Sio