Today was an odd day. I had work to do but no tight deadlines, so I lacked focus. I'd do some work, then get up and roam around the house. These are some of the things I did:
- I removed all the screens and washed the windows.
- I put away all our summer shoes. By "put away" I mean I threw them all down the basements stairs to deal with later.
- I found a technique online to remove salt stains from footwear so I cleaned all our boots and shoes.
- I watched four episodes of The Mindy Project (I love it, Corinna) while eating a toasted tomato sandwich for lunch
- I cleaned off the kitchen counter, including some things that had been there for weeks because I didn't know what to do with them.
- I made naan bread (again). Dale put a pork roast in the slow cooker this morning before work and I thought it would be a nice change to have naan bread with the pulled pork instead of buns. It wasn't. Last week when I made naan bread, we ate it all so fast and everyone wanted more. Today I made a double recipe and there are a thousand pieces left. It doesn't go with pulled pork.
Now it's time to tease my dad. This is his Facebook status.
I'm guessing he meant to search for Lilystone Farm but he must have typed it into his status bar instead. And then he liked it! Yay Dad! If you're his Facebook friend, you should go like it too. We're not laughing at you, Dad, we're laughing with you. I think it's awesome that you're on Facebook and you should post things way more often. You've come a long way with technology; the early days when you would send emails with the whole message in the subject line in all caps are a distant memory.
I feel like going to bed but it's not even 8:00. I guess I'll go roam around the house and look for things to do that don't require much focus. Maybe I'll deal with the pile of shoes at the bottom of the basement stairs.