Saturday, June 27, 2015

Last weekend


I'm slowly catching up on life, starting with the blog. You may have noticed the new design … it's a work in progress, but it's something different to look at for now. I think I always say that and then it ends up being three years before I change it again. I've made the photos and font larger; please let me know if it looks funny in your browser.

Anyway, here are some pictures from Bob & Jan's cottage last weekend. The weather forecast wasn't great, so it was an unexpected treat to have such nice weather. My parents were there as well, but the rest of the family couldn't make it. 

Some people tried surfing. Some were more successful than others. And some "forgot" to put their swimsuit on and couldn't try.



Chloe wasn't able to stay up but she's smiling anyway!





Other activities included badminton and water balloon tosses.


I love this one … Mom looks like a star quarterback determined to catch the winning field goal.


and big sweaty hugs


and card games

and catching minnows

and celebrating my nieces' new VW bug with a car-shaped collage of fudge, Oreos and Livewires. (Despite appearances, Spencer has no share in the car)

And then there was tubing. I took … let's just say a lot ... of tubing pictures. Here are but a few.





In my old age, I've discovered that tube rides with Neve are the way to go. She's on the cautious side so Bob is gentle with her.


And this last picture sums up the way Dale, the kids and I feel about my sister's cottage. (actually I thought Spencer was giving a thumbs-up until I looked more closely, but whatever - he looks happy)


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your new blog lay out. Very nice. For real. Keep it for 3 years. The font size and picture size look great.

I love that your family is never too old to do balloon toss games. You could NEVER talk my brother or his kids into this. They'd be all "you're so lame." Ugh. Oh well.

Sheri-Lee

Anonymous said...

I love your new blog lay out. Very nice. For real. Keep it for 3 years. The font size and picture size look great.

I love that your family is never too old to do balloon toss games. You could NEVER talk my brother or his kids into this. They'd be all "you're so lame." Ugh. Oh well.

Sheri-Lee

Anonymous said...

Sorry...I don't know how that got posted twice. Feel free to delete it...and this msg too.
Sheri-Lee

L said...

haha, I'll keep all the comments I can get!

Anonymous said...

Love it all. Janet looks like aunt Claire!
Cousin carolyn

Anonymous said...

Star quarterback gonna catch the winning field goal?!?! Awesome pics. Jim

L said...

Haha I was trying to sound all football-y but I guess I exposed my lack of knowledge of the sport!!