Thursday, September 10, 2015

Comparison Week - Road trip maps

I saw these maps laying around the other day decided to include it in Comparison Week. And to think that I said this week wouldn’t be as exciting as Shark Week! You must be pleasantly surprised for this is riveting.

Whenever we go on a road trip, I print out a map of North America will all the states and provinces outlined. Then we keep our eyes peeled for license plates and colour in the corresponding state or province. Dale and the children greatly enjoy this and it becomes a bit of an obsession. When Spencer spotted a Costa Rica license plate on a freeway in Miami, you’d think we had successfully negotiated world peace based on our joyous exclamations. Unfortunately, Costa Rica doesn’t appear on my map but it has won a place as the greatest triumph of our license plate game.
This was from our spring break trip to Florida. We saw every state in mainland USA except New Mexico and Rhode Island. 
This is from our summer trip to Quebec. We were less successful, but we weren't gone as long or as far. Newfoundland and PEI remained elusive on both trips.

I bet you can only imagine what I will compare tomorrow.

That makes two of us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahah! Loving these posts, Ellen!!

xo Sio

Anonymous said...

Riveting. For real. I have OCD tendencies -- this game was made for me.

Sheri-Lee

Daniel said...

So neatly coloured - that took a bit of time! I'd be too intent on not missing an important plate.