Friday, January 27, 2017

Day 18

I did a few more photo shoots for the Chamber awards today. One was at the Human Rights Museum, which is always amazing to see. I went before the museum opened and had the place to myself.
 

 

 
 
Another great place I went to is a store I hope none of us ever have to go. It's called The Unexpected Gift, and it's a shop geared towards people (mostly women) with cancer. They sell bras for women who've had a mastectomy, wigs, hair scarves, organic lotions and makeup, resource books, etc. They also have a massage therapist who is sensitive toward mastectomy and other issues and an esthetician who does gentle manicures/pedicures to reduce the risk of infection. It's been open for only about a year and a half; the owner is a breast cancer survivor who wanted to make things easier for other people who get a cancer diagnosis. It's a beautiful store and the owner is so warm and lovely. Like I said, I hope no one ever needs it but chances are high that someone we know will.
 


As much as I like doing these photo shoots, I wasn't sad when my afternoon appointment cancelled; suddenly I had the whole afternoon to myself. I got some work done that I otherwise would have had to do on the weekend and had snickerdoodles (cookies) ready for when the kids came home from school.

And now I'm off to meet friends for dinner; my good day continues.

Happy weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice pics. Just caught up on the blog posts. Some funny stuff!! Spencer running away from you is the best!!! (Sorry about the phone, and that he doesn't want to talk to you😕).
Way to go Neve on the gold medal!!

High for all the last 7 days- MEXICO
Low for all the last 7 days - NONE


JIM