Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Day 20

There's not much to report these past two days. Work was both productive and sociable today. I went for a nice lunch with a co-worker and we solved the world's problems. I came home to Chloe making a lovely dinner of pancakes. We used to have pancakes for dinner regularly, but we've become more adult in our meal planning so now they usually just happen on the weekend. They were delicious; I had a plain one for my main course, followed by a blueberry one for dessert. Actually that's not true - I ate them in the opposite order. Things are going crazy over here.

We recently assigned dinner clean-up duties to each kid one day of the week (everyone is supposed to chip in on the four days). It's working reasonably well so far, except that we keep forgetting who's assigned to what day. We basically have to renegotiate the list every night. But once we get in the swing of things, it's going to be awesome. It's a treat to just skip out of the kitchen/dining room right after eating. The children are not as pleased about this as I am.

Spencer is now done three out of five exams. His spirit lifts after each exam so he should be flying by Thursday at noon. He already has wild post-exam plans which involve - wait for it - reading.

Speaking of reading, I'm about to tuck myself in bed and do the same. I signed up for a 6 a.m. yoga class tomorrow which is going to seem like a terrible idea when my alarm rings at 5:20.

5 comments:

someone said...

I don't even TEACH early morning classes, let alone get up and voluntarily participate in any. But, I applaud your insanity.

Mmmmm pancakes!!

xo Sio

Daniel said...

Ouch, 6am is an awful thought! I've got an early morning too, but not THAT early!! Have a good class!
Are you purposely not making a cleanup chart, and instead teaching the kids about negotiations?!?
That Spencer - living wild!

someone said...

Haha, Dan! I also wondered why there was no chart. I just assumed I missed something in the story coz that seems too easy! Hahahah!!

xo Sio

Anonymous said...

I just randomly select days for assigned clean up. Usually days I'm tired. Boom. Your turn.

"B, you're on dish duty tonight."
"What? Why me?"
"Your turn. Too bad."
"Hmph." and reluctantly goes to it.

Me: inner evil smile thinking about doing it again, tomorrow.
Then Me: knowing that's not fair, so plotting to make E do it...or Steve.

Sheri-Lee

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah. And no freaking way do I wake up before the sun to do ANYTHING...except maybe catch a flight ... oh yeah and go to work...blah.

Sheri-Lee