Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Day 3

Today was a very ordinary day of work, laundry, reading, and Gilmore Girls so my highs were low and my lows were high. That's how I like it right now; there are days of socializing, obligations and errands in the near future so I'll get my fill of life outside my four walls soon enough. I'm hoping the extreme cold weather warnings will be gone by then.
 
The girls and I are now on Season 2, episode 5 of Gilmore Girls. After our binge-watching during the holidays, we calculated that we had 125 episodes left. If we watch three episodes a week, it will take over 41 weeks to see them all. And that's not counting the four new ones. Once you throw in a few busy weeks or holidays or summer, it's going to take over a year to finish the series. That makes me feel overwhelmed and depressed yet happy and excited at the same time. I've been enjoying cuddling up with the girls on the couch with our popcorn and chocolate. Seeing Lorelai and Rory eat so much junk food makes me want to do the same, even though being jealous of a TV character seems ridiculous. It is what it is. 
 
This has nothing to do with anything but I saw it today and thought of my dad always welding when I was young. No wonder I never saw him cry.
 
 

4 comments:

Daniel said...

Haha! Yeah, a welding mask hides it all! Whenever I pass a construction site when they're grinding or cutting steel, the smell always puts me right in Dad'a great old shop!

High today: going and taking photos of a great old mansion that is being adapted for an old folks home, and taking Jenn along to hang out with.
Low: hmm. Forgetting to post one of the shots on my Instagram. Yeah, that's about it.

Condolences to Jim and to Sio on the loss of your friends.

Anonymous said...

Bwah ahahahahahah. Welding.

High - reading Harry Potter (I'm also in the low highs and high lows)
Low - walking outside

Sheri-Lee

someone said...

High and Low from yesterday:

High: Being able to play outside with the toddler, and her joy at my totally silly song I made up about her while she was in the swing.

Low: I think I've got a herniated disc in my low back. Was a kinda extra painful yesterday but this am it feels way better so I am aiming to have that as my high!

xo Sio

Anonymous said...

Well now I feel pressure to keep going with highs and lows as well. Not quite as drastic as Tuesday.

High&Low - Thinking about our Mexico trip as I drove to work on the Perimeter with near zero visibility in the -35degree morning.

Jim.