Friday, January 13, 2017

Day 5

I forgot about my daily blog post until now (11:26 p.m.). I need to prepare a few extra posts to have on hand for days like this.

The high point of my day was any time that I was inside. It was another cold, cold day. I met a friend for a nice hot vanilla latte at Starbucks which was kind of cozy. When Neve came home for lunch, we snuggled on the couch with blankets and read. I finished a book I got from Darla called Big Little Lies. I loved it and would definitely recommend it. The neighbours came for Happy Hour, I worked on my puzzle, and of course the girls and I ended the day with a couple of Gilmore Girls episodes. Anyone tired of hearing me talk about that show yet?

The low point was doing work on my day off. I spent a fair amount of time on the phone and computer this afternoon and it made me unhappy and resentful.

That's all I've got for today. I promise I will try and rustle up some more interesting things to write about in the next 25 days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

High - thinking about our trip to Mexico and the 60 degree temp difference.
Low- scraping the stippling off the ceiling in Lexie's room.

Jim.

p.s. Sorry I didn't have a high and low for yesterday. But it would've prob been something about Mexico and the cold.

someone said...

I am behind!! Dan - loved your shout out in the comments from a couple of days ago. Hahahah!! I also hear you all on buying a new printer vs replacing the ink. It's one of those incredibly stupid, greedy, manipulative we-live-in-a-consumer-world idiotic things.

Ahem. I digress.

High and low from yesterday:

High: As much as I miss the Winnipeg peeps and housing market, I was thankful to be living in Vancouver these past few days!

Low: My back still hurts.

xo Sio



Anonymous said...

High - used skip the dishes to bring us supper because it was too cold to go out for Steve's bday (which is actually today but we are going for supper to the neighbour's today...which could be foreshadowing for today's high...which I have to wait to post because Ellen doesn't post until 11:30 at night).

Low - We live in Antarctica

Sheri-Lee