Sunday, February 12, 2017

Day 26


Our Kornelsentines celebrations were a rousing success. Since no one had to rush off to school or work, we had a nice leisurely breakfast. Cake was still the main course, but since we had more time this year, we also added a scrambled egg casserole as a low-carb option. We'll keep sneaking in healthy options every year until no one even remembers the chocolate cake. Let's see if that evil plan works.
 
Last year Bailey was in BC for Valentines Day, so we were happy to have her here this year. She's getting married this summer so I don't know what that means for next year. I'm not sure how her future husband will feel about her spending Valentines Day with us instead of him. We'll cross that bridge when we get there. And kidnap her if we have to. Or go the less complicated route and invite him too (of course he's more than welcome!).
 


This year's treats brought some matching gear.

T-shirts that say Kornelsentines

Matching socks from Auntie Sabrina & Uncle Jim

My highlight was getting a chocolate orange from Tia. I've never had one before but have always wanted one. When there's a box of chocolates, I always pick the chocolate orange one first. I remember seeing them in the Sears catalogue as a kid and have been curious ever since. I hinted strongly at Christmas time that I'd like one, but Santa didn't come through for me. I thought I'd have to wait until next Christmas but then Tia got me one! And it's delicious. It totally lived up to my expectations. It's pretty rich so I thought I'd have one piece a day and it would last me weeks, but I've already eaten half of it. It was a good day.

2 comments:

someone said...

What a fun tradition! I love that Spencer donned the t-shirt, although he is not nearly as enthusiastic about it as the others, although the littlest James-and-Sabrina seems to be on the same team as Spencer.

We used to get chocolate oranges in our stocking! They ARE yummy!

xo Sio

Anonymous said...

Ya Lexie has wardrobe issues which include soccer jerseys and apparently matching t-shirts!! Bella wore hers proudly to school on Valentine's Day!! Good idea Ellen! The kids loved having a sleepover and of course Cake for breakfast!! Thanks again. Jim